Friday, June 8, 2007

The Big Hurt

As promised the Pro Cat 3's rolled into Nashvegas over the long weekend. Things started out with a bad omen as the Jingle and I almost died on the drive down. A Pick-Up truck blew out his rear tire almost right in front us us at 70mph the dude almost had his truck sideways and had me diving onto the shoulder to avoid him. afterwards my butt hole was screwed tight. In hindsight I think I used up my luck right there.




The TT was NASTY bumpy, no flat spots and lots of corners not to my liking. The Jingle blasted it for 2nd and my new mate Chase dis well also and for myself not so well. The next stage it was a circuit race and it never had a flat spot on it and I survived along with Chase and Jingle they both fell a little in the standings but I moved up 30 spots just by surviving.




The Crit I used up my Mojo when you put 90 cat 3's on a 6 turn narrow street crit with a good climb each lap the race is going to detonate and it did, but I made it into the 30 or so left in the front group. going through a corner I was up then I was slamming into the pavement. No idea how it happened, guess something caused my front wheel to go out.




Riding was now over as I broke my collar bone and tore some ligaments. I had surgery Wed to repair it. So nice not only the broken bone but the handle bars whipped around and cracked my frame. One of the best crashes I have ever been in. Who knows when I will be able to pedal again hopefully soon.
The Jingle and Chase continued on in the race on the big RR where the Jingle crashed and the showed he has a motor and caught back up to the pack then got away on the final climb just ran out of juice and a couple of guys finished in front of him. the 3's can now only worry about The Enmark as the Jingle moved up to a 2 so he now races with the 12.5k dreamers. Chase did not have the day he was hoping for.
the good news is the doc put a line in so I can now main line my dope and set off terror alerts when I fly somewhere with my plate and 9 screws wheee.
Sitting on the couch counting my dope.
--matt

1 comment:

trentcycles said...

Matt,

Sorry to hear about your crash. I was looking forward to racing with you in MOB colors.

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

While you're off the bike, consider staying away from cycling sites as they may get you down. Instead, I recommend visiting the likes of thehun.com which may keep you up.... at least for a bit. Just don't overdo it...